We are recognised as a leading Italian consulting firm in the hydropower engineering sector.
STUDIO FROSIO and its history
STUDIO FROSIO is an historical name in the Italian hydropower engineering field.
The Company was founded in 1980 by engineer Giancarlo Frosio after a richly successful career as designer of hydropower plants starting in SEB (Brescia Electrical Company) and then moving to ENEL (the national electricity company of Italy) where he held the position of Responsible Director of the hydropower division.
As years went by the staff gradually expanded and enriched itself with the contribution of engineers Nino Frosio, Franco Frosio, Claudio Frosio, Luigi Papetti and of designer Stefano Ravelli, continuing its expansion up to the current size of 20 people.
In February 2016 the Swiss group BKW acquired the majority share of STUDIO FROSIO, strongly believing in the prospects of development and internationalisation of the italian company.
– hydrologic and hydraulic reports
– due diligences
– feasibility studies
– economic and financial reports
– requests for public financing form national and international institutions
– functional and structural analyses of hydraulic works and equipments
– value optimization of produced energy
– Environmental Impact Study and/or Preliminary Screening
Authorisation and construction design
– planning and design of hydropower plants
– technical documents and assistance for the tenders of civil, hydraulic, electromechanical and electrical works
– structural works design
– supervision of works
– static tests
– functional test during and after the works
– technical, administrative and legal documents
STUDIO FROSIO is a UNI EN ISO 9001 – UNI EN ISO 14001 certified company.